Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Lavender fields in California?




I've always wanted to visit a lavender field, but figured only France offered this experience. But in the May 2011 edition of Martha Stewart Living, writers Hannah Milman and Kate Berry take a road trip through Northern California to do just that. I guess Provence isn't the only place to find a lavender field, and a trip to California is certainly more affordable.

There's no other ways to describe it, seeing the photo of the lavender field just made me happy and I told my husband--WE MUST GO. Life is busy for everyone, so it's easy to see something and say "oh that sounds cool, I wanna do that" and then quickly forget it. Suddenly, I found another purpose of this blog--chronicle things I come across in my every day life that I would like to experience.This way I won't forget about them (and neither will my husband).

This is the itinerary that Hannah and Kate followed. I hope to follow in their footsteps one day:

Day 1: 
Sebastol
Green Valley Growers

Day 2: 
Petaluma
Garden Valley Ranch
McEvoy Ranch

Day 3: 
San Francisco
San Francisco Flower Mart
Flora Grubb Gardens

Day 4 (last day):  
Half Moon Bay
Repetto's Florist

1 comment:

  1. We hope you make it our market. The crew from Martha Stewart Living calls us, "the best flower market in the country" , we are so flattered. Come for a visit!

    ReplyDelete